In addition to Class and Affinities, every Character in the game Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow has now been assigned a unique set of 5 passive abilites. Each passive gives the player special abilities, such as ability to freeze, burn or blind an enemy, deal additional damage or heal crew members. For a list of all the Character's and their Passive abilities visit Character Passives List.
- Each character starts with 2 of 5 passive abilities unlocked. Ranking up the character will unlock the remaining passive abilities.
- Passives can activate in PVP battles and in Missions.
- Passives, when activated, generally last for one turn, unless specified otherwise.
- Rank 1 (Level 1–10): 2 abilities
- Rank 2 (Level 11–30): 3 abilities
- Rank 3 (Level 31–60): 4 abilities
- Rank 4 (Level 61–99): 5 abilities
The color of a passive icon gives a clue as to what type of ability it is.
- Orange: Increased damage and attack.
- Blue: Increased defense.
- Purple: Inflicts a negative effect.
- Green: Removes negative effects.
- Yellow: Avoids damage or increases attack.
- Pink: Class indicator and indicator of attack style (single or multiple enemy).
Each character starts with 2 of 5 passive abilities unlocked. These 2 abilities are based on the Class of the character. The remaining 3 passives are unique to each character.
|Captain||This character attacks one enemy.|
|This special casts a buff that raises the team's attack (can stack up to 3 times per battle).|
|Delivery Boy||This character attacks one enemy.|
|This special deals a lot of damage to a single target.|
|Influencer||This character attacks one enemy.|
|This special heals the team.|
|Robot||This character attacks one enemy.|
|This special casts a buff that raises the team's defense (can stack up to 3 times per battle).|
|Scientist||This character attacks multiple enemies.|
|This special launches an attack against enemy party.|
|Villain||This character attacks one enemy.|
|This special reduces the enemy team's defense (can stack up to 3 times per battle).|
- Attack Purple: Chance to reduce enemy attack (Rank 3 Exclusive)
- Bleed: Takes extra damage while attacking
- Blind: Cause basic attack to miss
- Block: Can block passives or stop a Boss from summoning minions, but only has a % chance to do so (Devilish Fry exclusive)
- Burn: Takes extra damage while attacking
- Charm: Cause basic attack to hit member of own party, including self, also cannot cast Special
- Confuse: Basic attack will hit a random member of either party, including self
- Counter Attack: Chance to immediately return an attack
- Critical Attack: Chance to inflict critical attack (Rank 2 Exclusive)
- Dodge: Chance to dodge an attack
- Doom: Takes extra damage while attacking (Mom exclusive)
- Double Attack: Chance to follow an attack with a second attack
- Electrify: Takes extra damage while attacking
- Freeze: Stops character from attacking (Rank 4 exclusive)
- Healing Aura: Heals party members
- Health Drain: Returns a percentage of an attack as health
- Invulnerability: Takes no damage
- Multiple: Changes single target attack to multiple target attack
- Poison: Takes extra damage while attacking
- Reflect: Incoming attacks deal damage back to attacker
- Remove All: Removes all passive status effects
- Shield: Blocks some damage
- Sleep: Stops character from attacking
- Stun: Stops character from attacking
- Summon Block: Can block passives or stop a Boss from summoning minions (Bender's Mom exclusive)
- Taunt: Directs attacks to character that casts it
Both Class-Based Abilities and Character-Specific Abilities can sometimes change the combat status of allies or enemy party members during Combat. The passive attributes determine which combat status is imposed and onto which party. Some passive abilities also remove statuses. Combat statuses show up as icons next to characters during PVP battles and during combat Missions. If a status is set to last for longer than 1 round, a small number on top of the combat status icon shows how many rounds the status will remain active if not removed.